A frequently expected question on the net is something such as, “I’m X years of age. Could I have intercourse with a person who is Y years old? ”. The solution to this relevant concern calls for a glance at of Oklahoma’s chronilogical age of consent, incest, and rape guidelines.
Age of Consent in Oklahoma
The chronilogical age of permission in Oklahoma is 16. Therefore, it really is generally speaking appropriate for a 16-year-old to possess intercourse with anybody avove the age of them. Sex between those who are 15-17 years old is typically lawful. A number of exceptions make that sex unlawful.
Statutory Rape in Oklahoma
21 O.S. § 1111 states that rape takes place when the target is 15 years of age or more youthful. Nonetheless, 21 O.S. § 1112 states that a person may not be convicted of rape if the sex that is consensual with somebody over 14 unless the individual ended up being 18 years or older. 21 O.S. § 1111 also states that the sex that is following additionally unlawful:
- In which the victim is beneath the custody that is legal guidance of a situation agency, a federal agency, a county, a municipality or a governmental subdivision and partcipates in sexual activity with circumstances, federal, county, municipal or governmental subdivision worker or a worker of a contractor regarding the state, the government, a county, a municipality or a governmental subdivision that workouts authority on the target. Translation: No intercourse by federal government workers with an individual who is underneath the custody of the government agency if that agency the employee works for workouts authority on the target.
- Where in fact the target has reached minimum 16 yrs. Old and it is not as much as two decades old and it is a pupil, or underneath the appropriate custody or guidance of any general public or private primary or additional college, junior high or twelfth grade, or general public vocational college, and partcipates in sexual activity with somebody who is 18 years of age or older and it is a member of staff of the exact same college system. Interpretation: a college worker that is 18 or older can’t have sexual intercourse having a pupil for the reason that exact same college system that is more youthful than 20.
- In which the target is 19 years of age or younger and it is within the legal custody of a situation agency, federal agency or tribal court and partcipates in sexual activity by having a foster parent or foster parent applicant. Interpretation: Foster moms and dads can’t have intercourse using their foster kiddies in the event that tagged child that is foster 19 or more youthful.
- In which the target has reached minimum 16 years old but significantly less than 18 yrs old therefore the perpetrator of this criminal activity is an individual accountable for the child’s wellness, security or welfare. “Person accountable for a child’s wellness, security or welfare” includes it is not restricted to:
- A parent,
- A guardian that is legal
- A parent that is foster
- An individual 18 yrs old or older with whom the child’s moms and dad cohabitates,
- Any other adult residing in the true house for the youngster,
- A real estate agent or worker of a general general general public or private home that is residential organization, center or day treatment plan, or
- An owner, operator or worker of the son or daughter care center.
Incest in Oklahoma
Per 21 O.S. § 885, incest is illegal. 43 O.S. § 2 outlines the parameters of who it might be unlawful to possess intercourse with. Intercourse between folks of the after connection is unlawful:
- Ancestors and descendants of any degree,
- A stepfather having a stepdaughter,
- Stepmother with stepson,
- Uncles and nieces, except where relationship that is such just by wedding,
- Aunts and nephews, except where relationship that is such just by marriage,
- Friends and family associated with half plus the blood that is whole and
- Very very first cousins.
Are you faced with rape or incest in Oklahoma? Phone Oklahoma intercourse crimes lawyer Frank Urbanic in OKC for a totally free consultation at 405-633-3420.